I was tagged to do this on facebook, ended up having fun doing it, and so here is a slightly edited version of what I did over there. The rules are: once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you. (I did some tagging over at facebook, but if anyone wants to do it on their blog — consider yourself tagged as well.)
1. Fortunately, I remembered Remy Charlip’s book Fortunately.
Fortunately, Ned was invited to a surprise party.
Unfortunately, the party was a thousand miles away.
Fortunately, a friend loaned Ned an airplane.
Unfortunately, the motor exploded.
Fortunately, there was a parachute in the airplane.
Unfortunately, there was a hole in the parachute.
2. Unfortunately, that only gave me my first random thing.
3. Fortunately, even though I’m not always into these things, I hate to be left out so I am happy to have been tagged for this. (Thanks Jen and April!)
4. Unfortunately, it makes me self-conscious as I wonder what anyone really would want to know about me.
5. Fortunately, I have a certain degree of hubris so will forge ahead.
6. Unfortunately, that means I just have to mention my dog, Lucy. A poodle. She turned me into a sappy dog person. Love to watch The Dog Whisperer and feel smug as she is not like those dogs —so far (she’s still a puppy).
7. Fortunately, I do like other living things too. Say cats.
“Name the different kinds of people,” said Miss Lupescu. “Now.”
Bod thought for a moment. “The living, ” he said. “Er. The dead.” he stopped. Then, “…Cats? he offered, uncertainly.
Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book
8. Unfortunately, I’m terribly allergic to them. Cats, that is.
9. Fortunately, that means no cat boxes in my house.
10. Unfortunately, it probably means Sharyn November thinks a bit less of me.
11. Fortunately, there are a few other dog folks out there hopefully tolerant of my new status as one of them.
12. Unfortunately, this thread seems to be dribbling away and I’ve got to come up with another random thing. Ah, the living and the dead…
13. Fortunately, my favorite book this year won the Newbery!!!!
14. Unfortunately, my favorite book of all time, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland did not.
15. Fortunately, it couldn’t and that doesn’t matter to Lewis Carroll. He’s dead.
16. Unfortunately, the Newbery appeared out of touch to some of the living out there.
18. Unfortunately, I’ve got to move on again.
19. Fortunately, we’ve got Obama.
20. Unfortunately, he’s got a hell of a mess to clean up.
21. Fortunately, he appears up to the task.
22. Unfortunately, the world is still as it was — full of war, famine, and horror.
23. Fortunately, the world is still as it was — full of hope, goodness, and happiness.
24. Unfortunately, I’m not sure these are all random facts about me.
25. Fortunately, I think that is okay.