I’m heading across the pond today. I don’t promise, but will try to blog while over there. Some of my plans:
- Seeing the musical version of Roald Dahl’s Matilda which I first wrote about in December 2010 when it was first staged at Stratford. It moved to the West End where I will be seeing it and then will be opening on Broadway this coming spring.
- Going on a short jaunt to the Lake District with a chance to see Beatrix Potter’s farm among other places of literary greatness.
- Attending IBBY’s International Congress, “Crossing Boundaries: Translations and Migrations” in London.
- Visiting the daughter of Joan Aiken who wrote the marvelous Wolves of Willoughby Chase that is celebrating a 50th anniversary this year.
- Hopefully having time to visit London’s Dennis Severs’ House, Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, Leighton House, the V &A, my favorite London bookstore Marchpane, and whatever else catches my fancy.
- Ending up in Oxford where I intended to return to the remarkable Pitt Rivers Museum, ramble around Magdalen‘s deer park, and do a few other favorite things time permitting.